List of 3485 Best Schools in United Kingdom (2020 Fees)
Schools in the UK are divided into primary, secondary, further and higher education schools. It is compulsory for students to attend school
体育365The education system in the UK is divided into primary, secondary, further and higher education. It is compulsory for students to attend school from ages five to 16 (primary to secondary school). Students are assessed as the end of each key stage but the most important assessment occurs when students pursue their GSCEs.
Facts About Schools in the UK
- There are four main types of state schools in the UK - community school, foundation schools, trust schools and voluntary controlled schools.
- Children start their secondary education at the age of 11.
- A-Levels (Advanced Level examinations) are required for university entrance in the UK.
- A-Levels take place over the course of two years and students are required to study three to four subjects during this time.
- There are 32,770 schools in the UK - 24,323 schools in England, 1,569 schools in Wales, 5,046 schools in Scotland and 1,832 schools in Northern Ireland.
- Schools in the UK are either state-funded by the government (free for pupils) or independent schools (tuition fees apply).
- State schools in England and Wales follow a National Curriculum and have been following this curriculum since 1988.
For more details, please click